Wednesday, December 31

Happy New Year!

It's been a pretty busy holiday, so sorry for not posting sooner. Mom has been really busy making curtains for the bedroom so that she and I can sleep in without the light waking us up. Since I get her up at 4:30 every morning to go to the bathroom and do early squirrel patrol, I figure that letting her sew curtains instead of blogging is the least I can do.


I have a lot of things to tell you about.

First: Newman is getting a home! He has had MANY suitors and should be going home with one of them this week! We sent him back home with Yvette (the nice lady in charge of Lost Paws) so that he could meet his fur-ever family while we are in Arkansas.

Which leads me to my second note: We are going to visit my grandparents in Arkansas tomorrow. It's been pretty cold there lately, so I'm going to dress for the occasion:


Just kidding. That would never keep me warm. It's just to attract the chicks (or as we say in the 'hood, the chicas). I am an Akitador - I'm made for the cold weather! Plus, Nana will make sure that I come in to "sample" each meal while it's being prepared, so I can't possibly be out there long enough to get chilled.

Mom and Dad took us to Cafe Brazil on Monday. It wasn't too cold, but it would have been nice to have a heater like my super fave - Beckley Brewhouse. Newman had never been to a restaurant before, so he was a little antsy. In fact, the only way Mom got a picture of him is because she has super-duper camera. He was still for about a millisecond. I got to lay on the blankie that my Auntie Cheri made me. It is zoo animals because she says my name is "Zoooooos".


As if hanging out with wiggly, stinky Newman in a public place wasn't embarrassing enough, THIS happened:


See that little white spot on my head??? Someone DRIPPED ice cream on me!


I was minding my own business, sniffing under the table for tidbits when my klutzy Mom dropped ice cream on my head. And did she apologize right away and clean it up?? NO. She took a picture first. And did I at least get to eat the drip?? NO. She said ice cream isn't good for dogs.

Sheesh.

No comments: